Compensation Comes Under Scrutiny
Executive compensation, say on pay, and transparency are only a few of the challenges confronting Compensation Committees today. Is your Compensation Committee ready for such scrutiny?
The Compensation Committee Index is designed to help you determine how you can make your Compensation Committee more effective and demonstrate best practice to your constituencies and the markets. Ours is the only board-driven, anonymous, confidential, and web-based evaluation tool to benchmark Compensation Committees.
Whether you are a public or private company, The Compensation Committee Index will tell you what’s working, what isn’t, and what members seem to disagree about.
You cannot afford to miss this information.
- Improve Performance – Our report enables your committee to establish a baseline and benchmark against internal metrics and best practices.
- Respond to Key Metrics – Our Indexes are customizable for your company and situation, to respond to any key metrics that you need.
- Fulfill Annual Evaluation and Director Educational Mandates – TBI is accredited by RiskMetrics/ISS, allowing you to assess your committee and fulfill director continuing education guidelines simultaneously.
- Make Better, Clearer Decisions – Our process helps directors identify and understand strengths and areas to improve,
- Avoid Mistakes – Contrary to other approaches, TBI is objective, independent, and comprehensive. With complete security, anonymity, and confidentiality, directors can answer freely and candidly, resulting in a valid report.
- Recognize and Respond to Emerging Regulations – TBI proactively integrates the changing governance practices, laws, and regulations into its indexes.
- Enhance Insurance Coverage – Directors & Officers’ insurers provide enhanced policies and the potential for reduced rates to boards of directors who conduct substantive evaluations.
How does it work?
The Compensation Committee Index is a two-step process that can be facilitated internally or by an outside consultant who works with the board to develop an action plan to respond to any issues raised. Read more about how TBI can integrate with your current evaluation process.
Step 1: Board members (and others, at the board’s discretion), anonymously, confidentially, and securely complete a comprehensive, online questionnaire. This takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, the questionnaires are automatically compiled and scored.
Step 2: A report of the results and analysis is immediately available to your evaluation administrator and other key stakeholders. The report, which is a composite and provides no identifying information about the respondents or the company, consists of:
- An overall Compensation Committee Index Score, together with a ranking of committee structure and composition, the role of the Compensation Committee members, and leadership of the committee.
- Top 5 strengths, areas to improve and response ranges.
- Specific feedback on sections, subsections, and questions providing scores, ranges, and comparisons.
- A detailed inventory of specific questions with scores, ranges, and comparisons together with best practices, stock exchange requirements, regulatory rules, and relevant Sarbanes-Oxley mandates.
It’s as simple as that.